These Privacy FAQs are intended to help you understand more about how RocketMonkeys uses information collected through Usability Testing and the Platform. The Privacy FAQs are incorporated by reference into the RocketMonkeys Tester Agreement. Any undefined term in these Privacy FAQs has the same meaning as defined in the Agreement.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DOES ROCKETMONKEYS.IO COLLECT?
When you sign up with RocketMonkeys.io to become a tester or when you fill out questionnaires related to Usability Testing, you will be asked to provide information about yourself, which may include:
- Personally identifiable information (“PII”) such as name, email address or other contact information, and PayPal account information.
- Demographic information such as your age, gender, education, employment status, and hobbies.
- Other information that may be requested to facilitate Usability Testing.
Collectively, we refer to this information as “Tester Information.”
In order for RocketMonkeys to provide clients with accurate and quality testing results and for us to contact and compensate you in connection with Usability Testing, it is important that the Tester Information you provide is authentic, accurate, complete, and kept up to date. Incomplete, inaccurate, or out-dated Tester Information may make you ineligible to participate in RocketMonkeys. By registering as a Tester and participating in Usability Testing, you agree to the collection and use of such PII and Tester Information.
Usability Test Recordings
When you participate in a Usability Test, RocketMonkeys may capture video or photographic recordings of your face, audio recordings of your voice, screen recordings of your actions on the device on which you downloaded the Screen Recorder, and video or audio recordings of any other sights or sounds that are captured by your device camera or microphone during a Usability Test. In the event that any other person’s likeness or voice is recorded during a Usability Test, you are responsible for making sure that person consents to sharing that recording with RocketMonkeys and its clients. Please contact us at support@RocketMonkeys.io
if you have questions or concerns about a specific Usability Test Recording.
Information you provide in your study responses
All information disclosed during a Usability Test is completely voluntary. You may choose not to provide an answer at any point during the Usability Test and cancel the test. However, this will result in a failure to complete the Usability Test, which may make you ineligible to be paid for your participation.
Information we collect about you from other sources
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Platform. This may include which pages you visit through our Platform, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, our servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses or other device identifiers. Note that we do not link this usage data to your Testing Results.
- Device data. We collect data from the device you use for Usability Testing, such as device identifiers, IP address, location information, usage information, operating system, service provider, manufacturer, brand, last log-in date, browser information, software or app content. We may also collect the email address associated with that device or application, but we do not share this email address with unaffiliated third-parties.
- Referral data. We record information about the source that referred you to the RocketMonkeys site or a study. (e.g., a link on a website or in an email).
- Information from third parties. We may collect PII or data about you from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share that information with us.
- Information from cookies, page tags, and similar technology. We use third party tracking services that employ cookies, page tags (also known as web beacons), and similar technology to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our site. This data includes usage information and user statistics.
2. HOW DOES ROCKETMONKEYS.IO USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We may use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose.
- We perform Usability Testing for our clients. When you take a Usability Test, your Testing Results may be shared with and/or managed by the client who commissioned that Usability Test. We treat your Testing Results as private to that client. This information is generally used by the client to improve their websites and mobile applications.
- Internal and service-related usage. We use information, including PII, for internal and service related purposes and may provide it to third parties to allow us to facilitate the RocketMonkeys Platform. Such purposes may include:
- Monitoring and improving our Platform and features. We perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our Platform, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our Platform.
- Creating new services, features or content (public data and metadata only). We may use anonymized survey metadata (that is, data about the characteristics of a survey but not its non-public content), to create and provide new services, features or content. For example, we may look at statistics like response rates, features used, and the average number of surveys per month and publish interesting observations about these for informational or marketing purposes. When we do this, neither individual clients nor Testers will be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
- Communications. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our Platform and for you to participate as a Tester.
- Marketing (if you opt in). We will only do this periodically and you may opt out at any time by contacting customer support.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not rent, sell, or share your PII with other people or non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
- With our clients. RocketMonkeys does not share your PII with clients except to the extent that such PII is included in Testing Results that you provide to a client, and as otherwise described in the Agreement or these FAQs. Your Testing Results are shared with the applicable clients, so please do not reveal any information during a Usability Test that you do not want shared.
- With our vendors and service providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with provision of the RocketMonkeys Platform.
- Merger, sale, or other asset transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
- As required by law and similar disclosures. We may disclose any information we collect if we believe in good faith that doing so is required or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (iv) to enforce this Agreement; and (v) to protect the rights, privacy, safety, operations, or property of RocketMonkeys, our clients, you, or others.
4. SECURITY, COOKIES AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Security. RocketMonkeys.io takes steps to keep the information stored in our system protected from unauthorized access. We store your information in a secure data center located in the Ireleand. We also use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology that protects the data you send over the Internet. Unfortunately, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
- To make our site easier to use. If you do not log out when you leave our Platform, we may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to login whenever you return.
- Blogs and forums. Our site offers publicly accessible blogs and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We’re not responsible for any personal information you choose to submit in these areas of our site. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at support@RocketMonkeys.io. In some cases, we may not be able to fulfill your request, and we will let you know why.
- Safety of children and COPPA. Our services are not intended for and may not be used by those under the age of 13. RocketMonkeys.io does not knowingly collect personal data from minors under 13 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor under 13, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at support@RocketMonkeys.io
5. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN UNION USERS
RocketMonkeys provides some of its services to users in the EU, where data protection laws may differ from the United States.
- “Personal data”. For users located in the EU, references to “personal information” in this policy are equivalent to what is commonly referred to as “personal data” in the EU.
- Accessing and correcting your personal data. You have the right to access and correct the personal data that RocketMonkeys holds about you. This right may be exercised by emailing support@RocketMonkeys.io.
- About IP addresses. Our servers record the incoming IP addresses of visitors to our websites (whether or not the visitor has a RocketMonkeys account) and store the IP addresses in log files. We use these log files for purposes such as system administration and maintenance, record keeping, tracking referring web sites, inferring your location, and security purposes (e.g. controlling abuse, spam and DDOS attacks). We also store IP addresses along with certain actions you take on our system. By agreeing to become a Tester, you expressly consent to RocketMonkeys using your IP address as described in the Agreement and these FAQs. If you wish to opt out of your consent to use your IP address, you must cancel your account (if you have one).
6. SAFE HARBOR
- RocketMonkeys complies with the U.S.-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor framework for the collection, use and retention of personal information from the European Union member countries and Switzerland, as set out by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
RocketMonkeys has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view RocketMonkeys’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
- As part of our participation in the Safe Harbor program, we will resolve disputes you have with us in connection with our policies and practices through JAMS ADR. For more information and to contact JAMS ADR directly, visit www.jamsadr.com.
By registering as a Tester, you expressly consent to the following:
- You consent to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of your personal data in the manner described in our Agreement and these FAQs, including our procedures relating to cookies, IP addresses and log files.
- Our servers are based in Ireland, so your personal data will be primarily processed by us in Ireland. You consent to the transfer and processing of your personal data in Ireland
- You consent and agree that we may transfer your data to data processors located in countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary, and you may revoke your consent by opting out at any time. Please note that if you opt-out, you may no longer participate as a Tester.
- You consent to us sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for service providers who assist us to provide our services and as may be required by law.
- If you have any questions about privacy, please contact us at support@RocketMonkeys.io
Last Updated: April 10th, 2016